Saturday, May 2, 2009

LOGO

This is my final re-creation of the Harley-Davidson logo. It took a lot more time than I thought it would be. The bar and shield took the most time. I used mainly rectangle shapes for the base, and the curved line tool for the smaller, less dramatic curves, and the pen tool for all of the other arches. The text didn't exist so I had to use impact and altar the anchor points. I had to create the orange color, because it wasn't listed, so I just edited a random orange, and made it as close as possible.
The logo was created in 1910, and is know as the "bar and shield." It's one of the most recognizable logos ever created, and has not changed much for almost one hundred years. The design is labeled on every harley that roles out of the factory, and can be seen on just about anything; purses, baby/dog/adult clothes, flasks, establishments, monopoly games, lighters, baby cribs, dartboards, and many many others. The logo itself, is portrayed as manly, classic, and quality, everything you would want in a Harley-Davidson.
Working in a group isn't my favorite thing to do in school, mainly because the teachers usually pick the groups and you don't know if you can trust them to do their part, but our group worked rather well together. We had one issue to take care of, but we covered it nicely.
I wasn't a fan of this project when we first got it because we weren't "creating" anything original, but I think it really changed the way I look at logos. This project really broke the logos down, and showed the process that they take to create. Also, the thought put into making these is insane, every little decision was made for a reason. Overall, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, it wasn't the hardest project, but it was very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment